Cdes header

new york fashion study College of Design

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Shopping at Century 21

Today, on the New York Fashion Study trip we visited department store Century 21. This off-price retailer is a family owned company started in 1961. They offer amazing merchandise at half the cost. They maintain their competitive edge by negotiating deeper discounts, carrying special pieces like european designer brands, and having sample sales.

Mackenzie and Alyson Mackenzie gave us some great advice while we were visiting. Some of the main things I took away were to make a point of learning from different areas of whatever business you work for. I think this is great advice because it allows you to see exactly how everything works together and the effect your role in a business can have on the end product.

While we were there I couldn't help but shop a little-the mystery gift cards they gave our group as a gift didn't help. I purchased a coach wallet for my mom and Calvin Klein cologne for my dad for Father's day. These gifts would have normally been completely out of my price range but Century 21 really offers some great deals. This is a place I'd definitely recommend checking out if you're ever in the area (or check out their pop up shop in LA for the next 6 months!)


~Quinessa Stibbins

No comments :

Post a Comment