Cdes header

new york fashion study College of Design

Thursday, May 26, 2016

What Can I Do in NYC?

Our trip in New York City almost ends, so I am feeling sad for leaving this place.

We all know that NYC has many great tourist attractions like Time Square and Empire State Building, but there are more in this city to explore. I am lucky that I got chances to take the subway like a New Yorker to feel the culture. Let us take a look at what I experienced!
Like any other big city around the world, New York City is crowded all the time. Driving a car could be a terrible experience. Public transportations would be the best choice for both who live in the city and the tourists. You can almost go to anywhere by subway, although the lines are complicated. But once you get familiar, it will be your best friend in NYC (not for me, so special thanks to our master in direction, Molly).
If you are a dessert person, you must try this! Carlo's Bakery is located on the 8th Avenue. You need get a number to order and the line was so long. However, it is so worth waiting! I got a strawberry Cheesecake which tastes like heaven. Also, if there is no seats left in the store, you can sit down in the park nearby to enjoy your afternoon tea time.


Go to a Broadway show! You will never regret watching a real Broadway production. We watched Chicago and it was amazing! I cannot stop clapping my  hands. There are some other musicals that are great too, such as Wicked, The Book of Mormon, and The King and I.


Maybe you would be sick of all the crowded places, here is one that can calm you down. The Metropolitan Museum of Art has so many unbelievable artwork like European paintings and Asian Ceramics. We also saw the Exhibition of "Manus X Machina" which shows extremely pretty handmade and machine-made fashion pieces.
The Central Park locates near the museum. It is such a quiet place that is away from the modern city. Lakes, trees, lawns and birds would comfort you and make you relax.


NYC is perfect for who is used to fast paced life, but you can still find lovely places to enjoy. I may say Goodbye to NYC, but I won't forget the experience I have here.

-Gyan
Retail Merchandising

No comments :

Post a Comment