Cdes header

new york fashion study College of Design

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Networking with 360Cashmere

Today I went out on an appointment of my own. I visited Alex Gifford Edelman, at 360Cashmere. They've been around for 6 years and they offer cashmere garments at great prices. Its a family run business, started by her parents. Her father handles a lot of the business side and her mother leads the design team. The quality of their clothes is absolutely incredible, I can say first hand that those sweaters were the softest things I've ever touched. 360Cashmere offers garments that appeal to anyone from teens to their grandmothers.

Alex was so great to meet me and tell me about their company and about her career path thus far. I met Alex through my scholarship sponsor at a gala for the Jackie Robinson Foundation. This experience has really taught me the value of networking. One thing that has been really pushed upon us this trip is how in the fashion industry it isn't really about what you know, but about who you know and I think meeting up with Alex can really attest to that.

If you're interested in seeing more from 360Cashmere head over to their website https://www.360cashmere.com/

-Quinessa

No comments :

Post a Comment